National Breastfeeding Week (18th - 24th September )
Breastfeeding is great for both you and your baby. It helps build a strong bond and is good for your baby's overall health.
Breast milk provides all the nutrition your baby needs in their first 6 months and boosts their ability to fight illness and infection. Babies who aren't breastfed are more likely to get diarrhoea and chest infections.
But, as with anything new, it's something you need to learn how to do and it's normal to experience the odd set back. Luckily Start for Life is here to help.
Breastfeeding support, 24/7
If you've got questions about breastfeeding, there are lots of ways Start for Life can help:
- Try the Breastfeeding Friend from Start for Life available on Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Assistant, or on Facebook Messenger
- National Breastfeeding Helpline 0300 100 0212
- Available 9:30am to 9:30pm 365 days a year. All support is provided by highlight trained volunteer peer supporters
- Visit the Start for Life website for helpful information. You can also sign up to receive weekly emails and videos with advice about pregnancy, birth and parenthood
- Ask your midwife or health visitor for a copy of the 'Off to the Best Start' leaflet