Hereward GP Patient Survey results
Results from the latest GP survey have shown that our patients scored us higher than the national average in virtually all categories.
86% of respondents described their overall experience of our practice as good which is 14 percentage points above the national average. In 17 of the 18 categories Hereward scored more than the national average and consistently outperformed the average Integrated Care System results, which reflect the consensus from patients across Lincolnshire.
The survey, which was conducted on behalf of NHS England took place between January and April this year. A total of 270 questionnaires were sent out to Hereward patients and 110 were returned, giving a response rate of 41%. Thank you to all our patients who took part.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GP PATIENT SURVEY
Key findings about our practice: (National average in brackets):
- 99% were involved as much as they wanted to be in decisions about their care and treatment during their last during their last GP appointment (90%)
- 99% took the appointment they were offered (96%)
- 98% had confidence and trust in the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to during their last GP appointment (93%)
- 98% felt their needs were met during their last GP appointment (91%)
- 96% say the healthcare professional recognised or understood any mental health needs during their last during their last GP appointment (81%)
- 94% say the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at giving them enough time during their last GP appointment (83%)
- 93% say the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at listening to them during their last GP appointment (85%)
- 92% were given a time for their last GP appointment (90%)
- 91% say the healthcare professional they saw or spoke to was good at treating them with care and concern during their last GP appointment (83%)
- 89% found the receptionists helpful (82%)
- 86% describe their overall experience of this GP practice as good (72%)
- 85% were satisfied with the appointment they were offered (72%)
- 75% find it easy to get through by telephone (53%)
- 70% say they have had enough support from local services or organisations in the last 12 months to help manage their long-term condition(s) (65%)
- 63% describe their experience of making an appointment as good (56%)
- 61% are satisfied with the appointment times (55%)
- 60% were offered a choice of appointment when they last tried to make a GP appointment (59%)
- 35% usually get to see or speak to their preferred GP when they would like to (38%)